2018 Bambi 19CB Fridge Comes Loose?

Ask about Repairs and modifications, or how to diagnose a problem
Bambi
Site Admin

2018 Bambi 19CB Fridge Comes Loose?

Post by Bambi »

I drive like a little old man. Never exceeding 70. I slow down for rough roads.

Until now its been under warranty and they just keep putting new screws in the same place and it comes loose again.

This last time was after a 3400 mile road trip to Montana and again it was loose. This time, I put extra screws in.
---

I fixed it I hope. I put 1 inch #12 stainless steel screws into it. 5 of them to be exact.

Plus I put two in their original holes where their thin inadequate screws were on their tabs.

#12 X 1" Stainless Truss Head Phillips Wood Screw (25pc) 18-8 (304) Stainless Steel Screws by Bolt Dropper
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1 ... UTF8&psc=1

I pre drilled the steel cabinet flange first with a 12 size bit just far enough to let the screw slip through. I did not need the screw to bite on the flange, only the head itself to hold against the steel flange.

Then I took a smaller drill and pre-drilled the screw hole down to a size that would keep the wood from splitting in the cabinet.

A screwdriver put them into place without a problem.

Theres a screw on each side. One next to the original bolt holes and one top dead center. I used two screws as I said before in the original locations and didnt need to drill these out as they've been worn-in plenty already.

Buttoned it back up and I'll see how it goes now. I'm going to be at-a-loss if this does not hold it as I dont know what else to do. Theres very few options to secure it otherwise..
Attachments
fridge1.jpg
fridge1.jpg (824.9 KiB) Viewed 72565 times
fridge.jpg
fridge.jpg (820.8 KiB) Viewed 72565 times